Examples of multiple choice & fill in the blank questions taken from LPIC-1 exam (Linux certification in a nutshell) – Exam 102
- Consider the following C program:
printf (“Hello, world\n”);
and it’s compilation command:
gcc -o hw hw.c -static
assuming that the compilation is successful, what will result from the following command? select one.
- An error message indication that an option is required
- An error message indicating that hw is the wrong file type
- An error message indicating that hw is not dynamically linked
- A list of source and header files from which hw was compiled
- A list of shared libraries upon which hw is dependent
- Consider the following trivial script called myscript
Also consider this command sequence and result:
The script ran without error but didn’t echo World. why not? select one.
- the syntax of the set command is incorrect
- The script executes in a new shell, and myvar wasn’t exported
- the #!/bin/bash syntax is incorrect
- THe $myvar syntax is incorrect
- The Script is sourced by the current shell, and myvar is available only to new shells.
- How many hosts can exist on a subnet with mask 255.255.255.128? select one.
- When running a text-mode FTP client, which commands retrieves multiple files? select one.
- get *.txt
- retreieve *.txt
- mget *.txt
- mretrieve *.txt
- get -m *.txt
- What is the correct syntaxt o remove mypkg entirely from the Debian GNU Linux system , including configuration files? Select one.
- dpkg -r mypkg
- dpkg –remove mpykg
- dpkg –kill mypkg
- dpkg -R mypkg
- edpkg –purge mypkg
- What are two interrupts usually associated with PC’s on board serial interface? ____
- Which of the following commands will cause a kernel module to be included in the running kernel? Select all that apply.
- Which of the following is a valid entry in /etc/fstab for ar emote NFS mount from server fs1 ? select one.
- fs1:/proc /mnt/fs1 nfs defaults 9 9
- /mnt/fs1 fs1:/proc nfs defaults 0 0
- fs1:/home /mnt/fs1 nfs defaults 0 0
- /mnt/fs1 fs1:/home nfs defaults 0 0
- /home:fs1 /mnt/fs1 nfs defaults 0 0