July 11th, 2012 No comments
VMware tools installation
- Load the virtual machine and choose VM -> Install VMWare Tools.
- As root, mount the cd rom with the command: mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
- Unpack the compressed tar file of VMWare tools from the virtual cd room with the command: tar –xzf VMwareTools-5.0.0-<xxxx>.tar.gz
- Enter the extracted dir with cd vmware-tools-distrib
- run the installation script with ./vmware-install.pl
- Respond to each question that appears with the directories you want VMware tools to be stored at.
- Check if vmware is functioning with the command the command: /etc/init.d/vmware-tools status, you should get “vmtoolsd is running”
- Un-mount the cd rom with umount /mnt/cdrom